As women, we have an advantage, USE IT!
WE get to mess up, cover up, & dress up.
The first and MOST important step in any beautiful face is the canvas. It's never too late to begin a cleansing regimine.
1. Keep a bowl of baking soda by your sink and add a little of it with any cleansing regimen you use (add a dab on your toothpaste too). It's also good for an occasional break out by making a paste with water and applying overnight.
2. Moisturize every morning and night. Morning moisturizer should include a 30 SPF and if you don't like the gooey feeling, apply with a wet sponge. Always apply a 15 SPF moisturizer to your hands.
3. Don't forget to moisturize your neck and chest!
4. Treat from the kitchen! Avocado mask weekly for 15 minutes is one of the healthiest and most natural ways to moisturize your skin. A masque once a week is a must to keep your pores clean and tight.
5. Apple juice + an ice cube tray and a freezer and you have a mini face lift. The malic acid in the frozen juice is an anti-aging alpha-hydroxy acid.
6. A tablespoon of full fat sour cream smoothes and improves texture and is great for sensitive skin that reacts badly to store bought masks.
7. Sugar is a great exfoliate and should be done at least twice a week. Be gentle when using a scrub.
8. Make your own scented bath salts with epsom salt and your choice of essential oil. I prefer peppermint. Just pour in a large plastic bag and sprinkle the oil. If you want to really be fancy, add a few drops of food color then shake the bag well.
Epsom Salt and Essential Oil=Expensive Bath Salts
Make up tips:
1. BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! Invest in some nice cosmetic brushes.
2. Primer! For that smooth and flawless look AND it will help your foundation last all day, don't go without it!
3. You don't want to look like you are wearing a mask so invest in a foundation that matches your skin tone and invest in sponges or a brush to apply.
4. Set your foundation with a loose powder and a puffy brush.
5. The EYES have it! No matter what color your lashes, wear black mascara. (Here is a tips4chix...to make your lashes curl all day, heat up your eyelash curler with your blow dryer first) If you don't have time for anything else, always choose mascara.
6. When applying your blush, use a medium size brush, starting at the middle of your cheek and brush towards temple. Be careful not to overdo it.
7. Apply a light bronzer with a large brush and lightly brush over face and neck after you have applied all of your make up including eye shadow to give a touch of color and blend everything in.
8. Outline the corners of your eyes with dark blue or purple eye shadow to define and give your eyes a pop of color.
9. You can fill in your eyebrows with a touch of dark brown eye shadow, careful not to overdo it.
10. Invest in a good cover-up. It makes all the difference.
Technique 1a: For sultry eyes, line your eyes first with pencil or liquid. Highlight the lid area with a light or skin color shadow and use the darker color (brown, grey, etc.) as shown in the corner and use darker color shadow to set the liner. Line the inside of eye also.
Technique 2a: For daywear, highlight lid area with lighter shadow and use a medium shade in the crease. Line top and of lid and under eye with liquid or pencil lightly. Line the inside of the eye also.
Don't forget to blend!
The new fall tip for eyes is just a slight extension with your
eyeliner is very sexy yet descreet!
Use a great loose powder like this one to set your foundation and even out skin tone while achieving a healthy radiant look.
Click here to see E.L.F. color for eyes, lips & face!
You won't believe the prices....